Go Back   Viprasys - Your #1 source for freewares > Health Related! > Health questions.

Health questions. Have a question regarding health? Post it in here!

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
small lump on my rib fairewif Health questions. 12 11-27-2011 03:10 AM
small lump on nose ? luciloulou Health questions. 3 06-11-2011 08:56 AM
Lump Under Chin Lahori Boy Health tips & Medicine Research 0 06-02-2010 09:41 AM
Underarm Lump Lahori Boy Trash Can [Archive] 0 05-13-2010 10:12 PM

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2011, 09:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 2,488.24
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 1
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
anxies is an unknown quantity at this point
Health My daughter is 9 and has a lump under her nipple

Hi my daughter came to me tonight saying one of her nipples was sore. I looked at it and it appears to have a hard lump underneath. Is this just hormones and beginning of growth or something more sinister. I'm going to book her in the doctors but just wanted others opinions.
Thanks
Anne
anxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 577.65
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
babs100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My daughter is 9 and has a lump under her nipple

My daughter experienced lumps like this off and on for a while right at the beginning of entering puberty. It was about the same age. I actually remember having the same issue as a young girl so I wasn't too worried, but had the doctor check at her annual exam. I also remember that sometimes boys will experience the lumps as well!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
babs100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 11:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 1,154.60
Thanks (Given): 4
phedres is an unknown quantity at this point

During the second stage of breast development, also known as early puberty, a girl's breast begin to bud. The budding is a quarter-sized bud that makes the nipple stick-out from the chest. The actual bud contains fat, tissue and milk glands. The areola slightly increases in size during this phase. Soreness is a common complaint. Most preteen girls will experience breast buds between the ages of 8 and 11, but it's not uncommon for the development to begin earlier or later.
phedres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 2,488.24
Thanks (Given): 6
Thanks (Received): 1
anxies is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you both i took her to the doctor today and he confirmed what you have just said. Its hormonal and called budding which is the beginnings of puberty. Oh well i cant wait for the kevin and perry stage lol.
anxies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 7,632.38
Thanks (Given): 17
Thanks (Received): 21
agwen is on a distinguished road

Good luck with puberty. I have two teenage daughters and it's...interesting. Nine seems young but it's all the freking hormones and how little exercise we get now.
agwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 558.65
tlawrld is an unknown quantity at this point

In someone that young, those are most likely fibroid cysts that most likely will disappear on their own. i had them when I was Eleven.
tlawrld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 439.75
Thanks (Given): 1
ravenroycroft is an unknown quantity at this point

I took my little girl in for the same thing and the doctor acted like I was crazy, and told me it was puberty too. Glad I'm not the only "crazy" one. :)
ravenroycroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mistress Of The Dark

VipraSys Cash: 4,007.01
Thanks (Given): 2
Thanks (Received): 13
Elyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond reputeElyssia has a reputation beyond repute

Sinister...da da da. I guess you mean cancer. Cancer is EXTREMELY unlikely in a 9 year old. Most likely it was a benign lump, specifically a fibroadenoma - most of which tend to resolve themselves. Likely due to the hormones signalling breast development.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If my links go down, please PM me so that I can re-upload them. Enjoy!

If you like my shares, please take a moment to hit THANKS! :)
Elyssia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 2,370.50
Thanks (Received): 3
louisee is an unknown quantity at this point

This same thing happened to me around that age, just before I started growing breasts. I remember that it scared my mother which of course scared me. It also embarrassed me a lot because she had my aunt, who is a doctor, feel for the lump and because she would talk about it with others. It turned out to be nothing though, just the start of puberty.
I would keep an eye on it to see if it changes and during her next physical mention it to the doctor, if it is scaring you then just make an appointment. I also think its important not to scare or worry her just act like its a normal doctor appointment, as I remember seeing my mom scared which in turn scared me.
louisee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 265.55
phyllis123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlawrld View Post
In someone that young, those are most likely fibroid cysts that most likely will disappear on their own. i had them when I was Eleven.
I also had the same issues as a young girl, though mine have continued into my 20's. The are almost always there though sometimes they will lighten up for a month or two. The doctor said they are nothing to worry about, but something to watch when I get in my 40's, as breast cancer runs in my family.
phyllis123 is offline   Reply With Quote