Go Back   Viprasys - Your #1 source for freewares > PC Related > Help Section

Help Section Have a question about how 'something' is done, ask in here.

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to Register ocx dll Files coolmaster000 Yahoo! Tutorials And Tips N Tricks 83 04-29-2012 10:41 PM
DLL & OCX files cant register in VPS..... modflock Yahoo Help and Issues 1 01-13-2012 05:09 PM
register files --RIGIX-- Cracking Help Section 1 12-04-2010 04:49 AM
How to Register .ocx files on windows 7 __v1p__ Help Section 2 06-17-2010 11:35 PM

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 350.65
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
bachanice is an unknown quantity at this point
Help Section how to register ocx files in windows 7

Hello Dear respectable friendz,
I have just started using windows 7. I tried my best to install software but all the time it gives me ocx files missing error. I tried to take help from google but i couldn't solve it. Please tell me how to register ocx files in windows 7. I will wait for your answer.
thank you....
Old 04-15-2011, 11:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Z3r0 Abs0lut0

VipraSys Cash: 24,099,687.80
Thanks (Given): 5
Thanks (Received): 213
Likes (Received): 47
Yahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond reputeYahoo !D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to register ocx files in windows 7

disable uac first

Method #4 - Using Control Panel

[Only registered users can see links. ]
Yahoo !D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 10:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Super Addicts

VipraSys Cash: 79,079.26
Thanks (Received): 1
ballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely right, definitely disable UAC first. Best and easiest method to register ocx/dll in Win7 is to create a folder for all of your files that need to be registered, then drag and drop them onto regsvr32 in the system32 folder.

No command prompts or tools needed. Just click the file, drag it to regsvr32 and release the mouse button. Don't put the files in the system32, it can cause problems in Vista and Win7.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ballzjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 189.05
fr33k is an unknown quantity at this point

find and download your .ocx/dll file save to desktop copy and paste the OCX to C:\Windows\SysWOW64\
- Type in searchbox "regsvr32 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSWINSCK.OCX" (without quotes) and then press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to run as Administrator.
and im using mswinsck.ocx as an example(mswinsck.ocx should be replaced by the correct dll or ocx file name.
fr33k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 11:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Addicts

VipraSys Cash: 79,079.26
Thanks (Received): 1
ballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond reputeballzjohnson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr33k View Post
find and download your .ocx/dll file save to desktop copy and paste the OCX to C:WindowsSysWOW64
- Type in searchbox "regsvr32 C:WindowsSysWOW64MSWINSCK.OCX" (without quotes) and then press Shift+Ctrl+Enter to run as Administrator.
and im using mswinsck.ocx as an example(mswinsck.ocx should be replaced by the correct dll or ocx file name.
Few problems with your post. First, syswow64 folder only exists on machines using a 64-bit copy of windows.

Second, it has nothing to do with registering ocx/dll files. system32 is the only folder associated with that task. Nothing needs to be done in the syswow64 folder. And if you place the file inside the system32 folder IT WILL NOT REGISTER. It has to be in another folder.

ballzjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
~~BEAUTY KILL THE BEAST~~

VipraSys Cash: 1,456.15
~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute~E~G~O~ has a reputation beyond repute

hi there i hope this video tutorial help you to register your ocx files
[Only registered users can see links. ]

~E~G~O~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 06:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 1,417.78
Thanks (Given): 1
pud_zipchanger is an unknown quantity at this point
Request Re: how to register ocx files in windows 7

i tried to install ocx files .. i keep getting this message.. The module xtab.ocx may not compatible with the version or windows that you are running. check if the module is capatible with an x86 (32) or x64 version of regsvr32.exe.... i tired to install in everyway possible. olz help thanks in advance....
pud_zipchanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Jack-0f-All-Trades

VipraSys Cash: 10,076.04
ProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond reputeProudCracker has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to ProudCracker
Solved Re: how to register ocx files in windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud_zipchanger View Post
i tried to install ocx files .. i keep getting this message.. The module xtab.ocx may not compatible with the version or windows that you are running. check if the module is capatible with an x86 (32) or x64 version of regsvr32.exe.... i tired to install in everyway possible. olz help thanks in advance....
copy OCX and DLL in SysWow64 folder also .
and than register.

ProudCracker is offline   Reply With Quote