Go Back   Viprasys - Your #1 source for freewares > PC Related > Help Section

Help Section Have a question about how 'something' is done, ask in here.

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Car SOS | S01E02 | CONVERT | HDTV | x264 | MP4 | 405 MB [Rapidgator] ____BurGeR____ TV Shows 0 02-17-2013 03:10 PM
NG - Las Vegas Lock Up CONVERT (2012) | DVDRIP | x264 | 1.03 GB [Rapidgator] alif Trash Can 0 06-30-2012 05:24 AM
Guide for convert WMV, ASF, WMA, AVI, RMVB, RM, RA, MOV to zune, Video convert iPod DIRTY<>THIRTY Tutorials 0 04-19-2008 09:04 AM

Post New Thread  Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
V.I.P

VipraSys Cash: 1,073,218.49
Thanks (Given): 134
Thanks (Received): 3
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
paddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond repute
Help Section convert x264 to xVid

Hi all. It's getting more and more difficult to find xVid coded vids that will play through my DVD player (will play divX and xVid) its all becoming x264. Does anyone know of a good and FAST x264 to xVid converter? I don't want to have to watch everything on my computer....

TIA paddy xx
Old 04-03-2012, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Contributor

VipraSys Cash: 162,894.29
Thanks (Given): 81
Thanks (Received): 229
Likes (Given): 1
Likes (Received): 3
solideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond reputesolideater has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: convert x264 to xVid

Try MeGui for converting from x264 to xvid. As for fast conversions, it all depends on your pc.
solideater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Staff

VipraSys Cash: 21,568,194.86
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 1970
Likes (Received): 48
~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute~ROHAN~ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to ~ROHAN~ Send a message via AIM to ~ROHAN~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~ROHAN~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~ROHAN~

i also have the same prob, and xvid x264 dsnt make any prob to play any video in any player, m sure ur video is in mkv or flv format that giving prob in playing in ur dvd player, convert them in avi format and it will wrk great. i use Any Video Converter Professional for converting any video to format i like.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~ROHAN~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 2,520.29
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Received): 1
Prowl is on a distinguished road

I use Any Video Editor for doing conversions, it's fast and good quality.
It does more than conversions too.

I searched here and a copy shows up on the first page if you use the search words
Quote:
Any Video Editor
Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 163.55
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
tr3v0r is an unknown quantity at this point

A program called MKV2vob converts the MKV files to Mp4. I can then play them using a USB stick in the DVD player or burn them
tr3v0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 07:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
V.I.P

VipraSys Cash: 1,073,218.49
Thanks (Given): 134
Thanks (Received): 3
paddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond reputepaddywack has a reputation beyond repute

Okay guys - couple of things -
1st i am not a noob - i know what flv and mkv are, i dont randomly download any file to play through my dvd player, I KNOW it will only play xVid and DivX files.
2nd - i've looked at any video editor and any video converter and they dont mention being able to convert x264 files to avi / xVid /DivX - has anyone else had any luck with these?
TIA xx Paddy
Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 4,692.15
Thanks (Given): 698
Thanks (Received): 4
bloom87 is an unknown quantity at this point

why don't u try using total video converter....it converts all the available formats, the only thing is it takes a bit of time to convert but hey the end product is worth it........it works for me, hope it wl help u too...

Last edited by bloom87; 04-11-2012 at 09:36 AM.
bloom87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 2,520.29
Thanks (Given): 16
Thanks (Received): 12
Likes (Received): 1
Prowl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywack View Post
Okay guys - couple of things -
1st i am not a noob - i know what flv and mkv are, i dont randomly download any file to play through my dvd player, I KNOW it will only play xVid and DivX files.
2nd - i've looked at any video editor and any video converter and they dont mention being able to convert x264 files to avi / xVid /DivX - has anyone else had any luck with these?
TIA xx Paddy

As you say you're not a noob then I presume you understand the difference between a container (avi, mkv etc) and a video codec (Xvid, H.264/MPEG-4 etc) and an audio codec (mp3, avc etc)

If you download Avidemux
[Only registered users can see links. ]
and install it, then you can open the video for conversion and then choose the video codec, the audio codec and the container. (these are set to straight "copy" by default.)

When I want to convert for playing on TV, I set the video codec to "M-PEG4 ASP(Xvid)".
I set the audio codec to "MP3(lame)".
I set the container to "AVI"

If the video is "H.264/MPEG-4 AVC" encoded then the program will warn you of some possible problems and guide you through any settings that need changing. (sometimes it will advise changing the audio setting from 6-1 to plain stereo, etc)

A little bit of playing around with the settings will reward you with the ability to produce a good conversion every time.

Good luck.

PS
any video converter and total video converter will do the job, it's just a bit more difficult to explain the settings for them.

Last edited by Prowl; 04-13-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote