Go Back   Viprasys - Your #1 source for freewares > Yahoo! Stuff > Yahoo Help and Issues

Yahoo Help and Issues Post all the Yahoo related help and issues here. Can also post latest yahoo related news here.

Like Tree2Likes
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
COMING SOON : YahTalk ( plugin) for Yahoo Chat ~-RULER-~ Yahoo Help and Issues 47 06-14-2013 04:48 AM
Voice chat coming to Facebook BestUsernameEver Viprasys Educational Live Science 0 09-20-2009 04:05 PM
Sparta Chat to Rival Yahoo Chat. cjdelphi Chit-Chat 9 03-27-2008 11:15 PM

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 407.85
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 0
gatorowns is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Yahoo! Public Conference's (Plugin) Releasing Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-booter View Post
Happy New Year To All At Viprasys!!!

I Heard Some Talk About This Yah-Talk Plugin For Messenger Chat!!
I Started Thinking There Had To Be A Easier, Better Way To Do It!!
And Came Up With My Own Idea For A Very Similar Concept!!
But I Think My Concept Is Better.. Because More Versitile!!
Not To Mention Easier To Support For 3rd Party Chat Clients!!
Ive Spent The 3 Days Only To Program It, And Rooms Server!
Now After I Have A Good Sleep, I Will Build The Site Page For..
Yahoo! Public Conference's (U.S) So That All Can Get It!!

Coming Within 24 hours!!

Bruce aka Shinkaiho is unable to post on viprasys so he's asked me to relay this message (everything below here is a direct quote from Bruce)

I just want to start by saying I've never heard of you r4 until a week ago when some guys came to me bashing you about some planet source code application you and John the most famous guy on yahoo was trying to make into a chat client? That's not my point though I don't care what you do on your spare time the purpose of this response is to clear some of the false accusations you're making.

You spoke to Chad and he told you to make a conference inviter? I have to say I'm not impressed in the least bit. What you've done is not only add to people not being able to chat you've provided a ****ty alternative for them to chat with. You're using api to send conference invites...again not impressed in the least bit.

your solution does nothing to contribute to the community but bring it even further down then it already is..nobody wants to join a conference where a host has to send you an invite so you can join and get voice? also if the host leaves what happens to your conference? again nobody wants this.

I suggest you visit my forum (I won't post here unless an admin approves) and educate yourself a little on YahTalk

1) YahTalk isn't some ****ty third party app that uses api to to send invites
2) YahTalk doesn't rely on a single individual to stay in a room to keep it going
3) YahTalk doesn't require you get invited by ANYONE to join a room
4) YahTalk is taking more than 3 days because its design is beyond anything you can comprehend (took me 3 minutes to realize this not 3 days)

I'll provide a small spoiler here so you can spend the rest of your night trying to come up with a way to have a pissing contest with someone who doesn't even know you exist let alone couldn't stoop to your level if I traveled back in time before I ever powered on a computer.

YahTalk uses dll injection so that it can hook the ws2_32.dll -> connect API for Yahoo Messenger or any other third party client and redirect outgoing connections to a local proxy (YahTalk) in turn YahTalk makes a remote connection to the yahoo services and relays the data that came from the client. This allows me to manipulate all incoming and outgoing data to and from yahoo or even locally inject packets to cause things to happen such as the nice 'system alert' message...

at any rate I think I've said enough I'll leave this with saying your application is **** and on a scale of 1-10 how it compares to the complexity of YahTalk id give it a -10 < see the negative symbol? yea **** sorry bro.

this week closed beta starts...thanks all for the support and thank you r4 for hijacking a thread because you felt so insecure about your **** work.

Last edited by _Carpal Tunnel Syndrome_; 01-08-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 774.59
super-booter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: COMING SOON : YahTalk ( plugin) for Yahoo Chat

Hello everyone at viprasys...

There was a post in this topic that was not meant to be here at all!!
I Apologise FOr Any Offense It Cause, I Created It As A New Topic...
And Some how.. it got merged with this one. No idea sorry for that.

I was not trying to attack this thread or hijack, so sorry for that.
And any word i said in my post, are not meant negatively..
I have talked live to gator an to bruce. and Explained this.

And then only just now became aware, that my Topic i posted..
Is in this Thread, merged, and causing all this Comotion!
So im here had it removed, and Apologising Publically!!

I have nothing but respect for Bruce, and like he says..
He never heard of me till a week ago, and same me of him..
I have no beef with him, or reason to!! And Y! PC...
Is Not a Cheap shot, to Mock or anything of the kind.
Merely Proof of concept, after being told i couldnt do it,
By Not bruce at all, but someone else. :)

So that was why i made this, and i respect bruce an his project!
And look forward to Having Yahoo Rooms again with Yah-Talk!!
And we will look at it this way, Yah-Talk = Public Yahoo Chat Rooms!!
And Y! PC... = Public Yahoo Conference's!! :) Making Yahoo Truely..
Like it once was!!!

Not many you will remember this, but back in 2003 times... yahoo messenger,
Support Chat Rooms, User Made Chat Rooms, All Publically, as Bruce is Doing!
But Also.. They Once Upon a Time, Provided Public Conference's Lists!! Yes!!
And All COnferences Made, You could connect and see a List of them..
And Join anyones Conference's!! Pretty much like my Tool.

So with the help of Bruce, and Myself, Both of these now gone Yahoo Features.
Are possible once again!! People with COnfy tools, can Enjoy Y! PC with those!
And people with room tools, can look forward to updated clients,
And tools no doubt, to support Yah-Talk Chat rooms for Yahoo!! :)

I Hope this clears up any misunderstandings!!

Best Wishes, And Best Of Luck To Yah-Talk And Co.

Look Forward To Working With Yahtalk In Future!

R4

Shouts : T3chnolo9y for helping & informing me of the mistake post here.

Last edited by super-booter; 01-08-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Eight Ball 3.5 Grams

VipraSys Cash: 52,315.55
Thanks (Given): 3
DJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond reputeDJPAISA has a reputation beyond repute

with yahtalk would we be able to bring in chat banned names and also ids which are underage 18 and under?
Old 01-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPAISA View Post
with yahtalk would we be able to bring in chat banned names and also ids which are underage 18 and under?
As long as they sign into pager
Old 01-08-2013, 04:06 AM   #15 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 182,815.59
___+hell is an unknown quantity at this point

i hope yahtalk we can log in and also use in room banned ids like under age below 18... cant wait use yahtalk ...............

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 01-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
®ŚL„

VipraSys Cash: 25,279.93
Thanks (Given): 3
Thanks (Received): 2
~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute~-RULER-~ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to ~-RULER-~

YahTalk - How it works

Bruce aka Shinkaiho

" I'm pretty excited about some test I did tonight that were a success and can't wait to get YahTalk into the hands of the community.

I'm still set on Jan 12-13 as being closed beta testing dates.
I'm about 95% satisfied with what's done so far hopefully I can make up for that 5% over the next few days after work and start sending out closed beta invites.

Some of you may have read a few details I leaked out about how YahTalk works and I'd like to provide a little bit more information on it now that its getting close to prime time.

We all know Yahoo Chat servers are dead and everyone's been trying to create alternatives by using Conferences, Japan servers, custom protocol's through third party clients that don't require authentication to yahoo, having users run servers to host rooms off there systems

the problem with all of the above is

Conferences
1) conferences close as soon as the host leaves pretty much voice is gone
2) conferences require another user to invite anyone wanting to join

Japan servers
1) what more can I say you cant use your US ids

Third Party Clients
1) custom protocols that expose your information and aren't designed to scale with a heavy load
2) hacked up old third party client's used for yahoo chat

Hosted Rooms
1) you're hosting a room and your ip is exposed and you're vulnerable to attack
2) if your connection drops everyone loses out on the chat experience they came for

so then theirs YahTalk...how exactly does it work?

YahTalk injects code into Yahoo! Messenger allowing it to hook ws2_32.dll -> connect() and relay outgoing connections to a local proxy (YahTalk).
This uses the same technique that VcGuard did that I released in 2005 only on a much larger scale.

YahTalk handles all data going out and coming in from Yahoo! Messenger and has the ability to manipulate it by packet injection and other methods.

The secret to YahTalk....

I've wrote two servers for YahTalk one is for chat to handle users joining rooms , leaving rooms, sending messages in a room and the other is for voice it handles the RTP voice stream.
I want to think of YahTalk as a 'connector' of some sort that communicates with my servers and lets them know whats currently going on I then communicate back to YahTalk telling it to do things like..tell Yahoo! Messenger someone joined a room, left a room, sent a message, got voice etc

This is how I'm able to give that chat experience everyone felt comfortable with back. My service only works if you authenticate to Yahoo servers and utilizes all Yahoo! Protocols with the exception of the communication to and from the YahTalk servers.

All your features will remain to work voip, cams, pms etc. YahTalk does not alter any of these.

Why is this any different then anything else?

1) stable and dedicated servers to host rooms, chat and voice servers
2) the YahTalk servers were designed to scale with hundreds of users at a time and will constantly improve as the community builds
3) all of yahoo ids work including rare ones people collect and ones that wouldn't go into chat because of ages restrictions
4) your ip and password are protected and never exposed.
5) uses and manipulates Yahoo! GUI to make things feel the same
6) No exploits are being used so YahTalk is expected to have a long life and if Yahoo! Messenger updates YahTalk will still work
7) encrypted communication from YahTalk servers to YahTalk
8) once released I'll provide a module for developers of third party clients like yahelite, ysurpra and others that will allow them to easily communicate to YahTalk servers without needing to re-write there clients or implement a separate protocol for chat (YahTalk handles figuring it all out)

YahTalk has a long road ahead of it but the plans I have for its future will exceed even my expectations with your support

Hope I was able to give the non technical and technical a little more insight on how YahTalk works
."

- YahTalk Team

Last edited by ~-RULER-~; 01-08-2013 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

VipraSys Cash: 1,005.21
Woody_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Let me get this straight..

You're telling us not to trust anybody else with our data but then claim you own these servers our data will be flowing through and that you won't be monitoring said data or making any adjustments to said servers to benefit yourself.

Why should i trust you anymore than trust yahoo with a conference or some booter or ex booter person who wants to gain fame?

Why would i allow you to access my login credentials to confirm that my account is indeed a yahoo account? does yahtalk guess? or do you intend to monitor the login process?

Honestly i think you're in no position to talk about the security of others with bold claims of personal servers authenticated with yahoo ids without seeing the security concern in many faces and mine included.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #18 (permalink)

VipraSys Cash: 1,029.69
Thanks (Received): 2
Likes (Given): 1
__M-a-s-t-e-r__ is an unknown quantity at this point

friends i have a doubt that old yahoo ids will work in this yahtalk or not like @att.net and Sbc@global ...bla bla ..
Thanks in advance

Last edited by __M-a-s-t-e-r__; 01-08-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_ View Post
Let me get this straight..

You're telling us not to trust anybody else with our data but then claim you own these servers our data will be flowing through and that you won't be monitoring said data or making any adjustments to said servers to benefit yourself.

Why should i trust you anymore than trust yahoo with a conference or some booter or ex booter person who wants to gain fame?

Why would i allow you to access my login credentials to confirm that my account is indeed a yahoo account? does yahtalk guess? or do you intend to monitor the login process?

Honestly i think you're in no position to talk about the security of others with bold claims of personal servers authenticated with yahoo ids without seeing the security concern in many faces and mine included.

you obviously read it completely wrong. your login data is not sent to yahtalk servers, you log into messenger like normal and yahtalk injects into messenger. The only thing yahtalk relays or pulls is chat data and voice data, so that means message sends and when you hit the voice button. feel free to run a packet sniffer at anytime to verify this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __M-a-s-t-e-r__ View Post
friends i have a doubt that old yahoo ids will work in this yahtalk or not like @att.net and Sbc@global ...bla bla ..
Thanks in advance
if they log into messenger they will work.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:59 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

VipraSys Cash: 1,005.21
Woody_ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorowns View Post
you obviously read it completely wrong. your login data is not sent to yahtalk servers, you log into messenger like normal and yahtalk injects into messenger. The only thing yahtalk relays or pulls is chat data and voice data, so that means message sends and when you hit the voice button. feel free to run a packet sniffer at anytime to verify this.
You obviously don't understand my point..

Yahtalk could monitor login data and will be handling chat and voice data outside the yahoo network which means we're supposed to trust this service?

You all can say we should trust it but when it boils down to it it's just another gamble like other shoddy client/server offerings like yazserv or winbus which i also wouldn't trust with my sensitive data.

At least the yahoo chat conference alternatives are still using yahoo servers.
Closed Thread